- Introducing Metaphor (eBook, PDF)23,95 €
- Metaphor and Philosophy (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- The Verbal Communication of Emotions (eBook, ePUB)34,95 €
- Concise Thesaurus of Traditional English Metaphors (eBook, ePUB)42,95 €
- tolino shine 399,00 €
- Thinking Through Translation with Metaphors (eBook, ePUB)38,95 €
- Conceptual Conflicts in Metaphors and Figurative Language (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
Combining a variety of approaches to this widely studied subject, the book provides a thorough grounding in metaphor and word meaning, theories on the processing and understanding of metaphorical language, and metaphor in other languages and translation.
Moon and Knowles draw on a wide selection of examples to explore metaphor in relation to text, discourse and society. Linguistic metaphor and literary metaphor are examined in a range of contexts such as politics, sport and advertising, while literary metaphor is demonstrated through authentic extracts from fiction and poetry. A final section covering non-verbal metaphor looks at metaphor in art, cinema and music, further demonstrating metaphor theory in practice.
Featuring suggestions for further reading on topics in each chapter, and an appendix for small-scale research investigations on metaphor, Introducing Metaphor will be invaluable to undergraduate students of English Language, Linguistics and Literature.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 192
- Erscheinungstermin: 2. August 2004
- ISBN-13: 9781134470921
- Artikelnr.: 47885716