- A Linguistic Description and Computer Program for Children's Speech (RLE Linguistics C) (eBook, PDF)15,95 €
- Introducing English for Research Publication Purposes (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Techniques of Description (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
- Investigating English Style (eBook, PDF)37,95 €
- Teaching Proficiency Through Reading and Storytelling (TPRS) (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Cohesion in English (eBook, PDF)41,95 €
- The Conjunctive Mood in English as a Problem in General Linguistics (eBook, PDF)77,95 €
No prior knowledge of formal linguistics is required as the book provides:
- An opening chapter on the purpose of linguistic analysis, which outlines the differences between the two major approaches to grammar - functional and formal.
- An overview of the SFG model - what it is and how it works.
- Advice and practice on identifying elements of language structure such as clauses and clause constituents.
- Numerous examples of text analysis using the categories introduced, and discussion about what the analysis shows.
- Exercises to test comprehension, along with answers for guidance.
The third edition is updated throughout, and is based closely on the fourth edition of Halliday and Matthiessen's Introduction to Functional Grammar. A glossary of terms, more exercises and an additional chapter are available on the product page at: https://www.routledge.com/9781444152678.
Introducing Functional Grammar remains the essential entry guide to Hallidayan functional grammar, for undergraduate and postgraduate students of language and linguistics.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 328
- Erscheinungstermin: 18. Juli 2013
- ISBN-13: 9781135983130
- Artikelnr.: 39180237