- Sibelius Volume II: 1904-1914 (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Richard Strauss (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- tolino shine 395,00 €
- The Ordeal of Ivor Gurney (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Purcell (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- Janacek: Years of a Life Volume 2 (1914-1928) (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Selected Letters of Michael Tippett (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
This biography, by his daughter Imogen, was first published by Faber in 1938 and revised in 1969. In it she quotes at length from his many letters to his friends - especially to his closest colleague Vaughan Williams - and draws on her personal memories of Holst's later years.
Holst struggled all his life against bouts of ill-health and depression, but his remarkable and good-humoured resilience enabled him to compose great music in often difficult circumstances. He was essentially a very private person, and the huge popular success of The Planets in 1919 disconcerted him. Imogen Holst describes the effect of this sudden fame on her father, and records the late flowering of his music in the final years of his life.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Faber And Faber Ltd.
- Erscheinungstermin: 15.03.2012
- ISBN-13: 9780571281091
- Artikelnr.: 38217538