Andere Kunden interessierten sich auch für
- Deterrence and the New Global Security Environment (eBook, PDF)14,95 €
- Grand Strategy and the Presidency (eBook, ePUB)42,95 €
- Deterrence in the Twenty-first Century (eBook, PDF)23,95 €
- Colonialism, Environment and Tribals in South India,1792-1947 (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
- Grand Strategy in the War Against Terrorism (eBook, PDF)43,95 €
- Geopolitics and the Great Powers in the 21st Century (eBook, PDF)42,95 €
- The Soviet Strategic Offensive in Manchuria, 1945 (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
The text discusses US strategic history, with particular emphasis on the period from the end of the Cold War to the present day. While the United States periodically has enjoyed exceptional presidential leadership in the past, this book argues that few future presidents will meet high standards of leadership in foreign affairs. In turn, this will undermine the ability of the United States to construct and maintain a coherent grand strategy appropriate to the multipolar world of the twenty-first century.
Grand Strategy and the Presidency explores the role that the holders of the presidential office have played in the past development of the United States as a great power. Drawing upon examples from history, the textual analysis is shaped around the description of the long-term strategic development of the United States. The author then considers what the events of recent decades portend for the future of US strategy and foreign policy.
This book will be of interest to students of Presidential Studies, US foreign policy, Strategic Studies, and IR/Security Studies in general.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.