- Russo-Turkish Naval War 1877-1878 (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Admiralty Salvage in Peace and War 1906 - 2006 (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Letters from Mafeking (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Battle of Actium 31 BC (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- The Pattern 1853 Enfield Rifle (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- tolino shine 3112,99 €
Based on the private journals of Admiral Sir Graham Moore, Frigate Commander recounts his experiences as a Lieutenant and then Captain during the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars. Moore's journal gives a detailed account of life as a serving naval officer, revealing the unique problems of managing a frigate crew, maintaining discipline and turning his ship into an efficient man of war. Moore was one of the Royal Navy's star captains, serving continuously as a frigate commander between 1793 and 1804. His early career took him to Newfoundland before serving with Sir William Sidney Smith's squadron on the north coast of France. Moore was present during the Naval Mutiny at Spithead in 1797, and helped to destroy the French fleet off Ireland in 1798. His most famous action occurred in September 1804, when his squadron captured a Spanish frigate squadron carrying a fortune in treasure. The following year his frigate, HMS Indefatigable, was involved in the opening of the Trafalgar Campaign.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.