- Frederik Hendrik and the Triumph of the Dutch Revolt (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
- Maurits of Nassau and the Survival of the Dutch Revolt (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
- William the Silent and the Dutch Revolt (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
- The Thirty Years War (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- The Dutch Revolt 1559 - 1648 (eBook, ePUB)30,95 €
- Ortega's The Revolt of the Masses and the Triumph of the New Man (eBook, ePUB)25,95 €
- Triumph Over Adversity: A Dutch Family History Before, During, & After Internment in the Japanese Camps During World War Two in Indonesia 1st Edition (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
Frederik Hendrik and the Triumph of the Dutch Revolt describes a crucial period in European history. During the early seventeenth century the Dutch, led by Frederik Hendrik, were engaged in a struggle for independence from the mighty Spanish Empire. But Spain was allied with its fellow Hapsburg power, the Holy Roman Empire, and Europe was convulsed with the Thirty Years' War.
It was a turbulent time with complex diplomacy, shifting alliances, monumental battles and more European powers entering the war. Yet thanks to Frederik Hendrik's adroit diplomacy and military skill, combined with the tenacity of the Dutch people, the Dutch Republic emerged from the conflicts and gained full independence, eventually becoming a significant European power. After tracing these developments, the book continues by examining and comparing later nationalist insurgencies in the late twentieth and twenty-first centuries. It analyses and identifies the factors making for successful insurgencies. The key factors of finances and international relations are emphasised.
This volume is informative and compelling reading for both practitioners and students studying history, international relations, terrorism and insurgency.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.