- Cure Diabetes Parkinson's & Chronic Disease: A New, Definitive Cure for Many Chronic Diseases. Medical Fallacies Exposed. Why Modern Medicine Is Wrong, & Your Doctor Is Clueless. How to Save Your Life (eBook, ePUB)16,95 €
- Fallacies of Evolution (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
- Linked (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- A Short History of Science to the Nineteenth Century (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- The Extraterrestrial Life Debate, 1750-1900 (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- The Scientific Renaissance 1450-1630 (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
"Although we are amused, we may also be embarrassed to find our friends or even ourselves among the gullible advocates of plausible-sounding doubletalk." — Saturday Review "A very able and even-tempered presentation." — New Yorker This witty and engaging book examines the various fads, fallacies, strange cults, and curious panaceas which at one time or another have masqueraded as science. Not just a collection of anecdotes but a fair, reasoned appraisal of eccentric theory, it is unique in recognizing the scientific, philosophic, and sociological-psychological implications of the wave of pseudoscientific theories which periodically besets the world. To this second revised edition of a work formerly titled In the Name of Science, Martin Gardner has added new, up-to-date material to an already impressive account of hundreds of systematized vagaries. Here you will find discussions of hollow-earth fanatics like Symmes; Velikovsky and wandering planets; Hörbiger, Bellamy, and the theory of multiple moons; Charles Fort and the Fortean Society; dowsing and the other strange methods for finding water, ores, and oil. Also covered are such topics as naturopathy, iridiagnosis, zone therapy, food fads; Wilhelm Reich and orgone sex energy; L. Ron Hubbard and Dianetics; A. Korzybski and General Semantics. A new examination of Bridey Murphy is included in this edition, along with a new section on bibliographic reference material.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Guilford Publications
- Seitenzahl: 384
- Erscheinungstermin: 04.05.2012
- ISBN-13: 9780486131627
- Artikelnr.: 39139236
Swirl 7. Down with Einstein! 8. Sir Isaac Babson 9. Dowsing Rods and Doodlebugs 10. Under the Microscope 11. Geology versus Genesis 12. Lysenkoism 13. Apologists for Hate 14. Atlantis and Lemuria 15. The Great Pyramid 16. Medical Cults 17. Medical Quacks 18. Food Faddists 19. Throw Away Your Glasses! 20. Eccentric Sexual Theories 21. Orgonomy 22. Dianetics 23. "General Semantics, Etc." 24. From Bumps to Handwriting 25. ESP and PK 26. Bridey Murphy and Other Matters Appendix and Notes Index of Names