- The Architecture of Art History (eBook, ePUB)20,95 €
- Experiencing Networked Urban Mobilities (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- Automobility and the City in Twentieth-Century Britain and Japan (eBook, ePUB)69,95 €
- Rebuilding Babel (eBook, ePUB)24,95 €
- Laughing at Architecture (eBook, ePUB)23,95 €
- Architecture and the Turkish City (eBook, ePUB)73,95 €
- The Tender Detail (eBook, ePUB)61,95 €
The chapters present a range of ideas and new research - some examining individual building case studies (from grand hotels and clubhouses in New York to the parliament buildings of Westminster), and others exploring conceptual questions about the nature of architectural experience, whether sensory or otherwise. Yet they share the premise that the idea of the 'experience of architecture' took on a new and particular significance with the rise of industrial modernity, and they examine what contemporary people - both architects and non-architects - understood by this idea.
The insights in this volume extend beyond the study of Victorian architecture. Together they suggest how 'experience' might be used as a framework to produce a more convincingly historical account of the artefacts of architectural history.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury UK
- Seitenzahl: 264
- Erscheinungstermin: 18.10.2018
- ISBN-13: 9781350045958
- Artikelnr.: 54882802