Andere Kunden interessierten sich auch für
- European Democratic Culture (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Local Power, Territory and Institutions in European Metropolitan Regions (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Democracy in Crisis (Works of Harold J. Laski) (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
- Political Repression in 19th Century Europe (eBook, PDF)33,95 €
- Revolution and Reaction in Modern France (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Politics and Government in Hong Kong (eBook, PDF)12,95 €
- An Introduction to Politics (Works of Harold J. Laski) (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
While the book does offer an analysis of the democratic institutions of European countries, identifying common features and differences, as the editors put it, "institutions cannot function alone, like machines to produce concensus". So the book focuses on the fundamentals of European democratic culture. The authors argue that European social life and scientific learning have been indispensable components in the growth of the shared values that democracy pursues. They also analyse the dynamic tension brought to the life of democractic institutions by law, the desire for freedom, and critical public debate.
With Europe engaged in perpetual self-examination, and rapid change, this book provides insights into its democractic past and prognosticates for its democratic future.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.