- China Simplified: Language Empowerment (China Simplified ~ untangling the noodles!) (eBook, ePUB)5,49 €
- Mnemonics for 1600 Chinese characters (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
- Periplus Pocket Mandarin Chinese Dictionary (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Survival Chinese (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Claves mnemotécnicas para 1600 caracteres chinos (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
- Introduction to Peircean Visual Semiotics (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
Fallows learned, for example, that the abrupt, blunt way of speaking that Chinese people sometimes use isn't rudeness, but is, in fact, a way to acknowledge and honor the closeness between two friends. She learned that English speakers' trouble with hearing or saying tones-the variations in inflection that can change a word's meaning-is matched by Chinese speakers' inability not to hear tones, or to even take a guess at understanding what might have been meant when foreigners misuse them.
In sharing what she discovered about Mandarin, and how those discoveries helped her understand a culture that had at first seemed impenetrable, Deborah Fallows's Dreaming in Chinese opens up China to Westerners more completely, perhaps, than it has ever been before.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, M, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury Publishing Inc
- Seitenzahl: 208
- Erscheinungstermin: 7. September 2010
- ISBN-13: 9780802779243
- Artikelnr.: 56312314