- Discovering Your Writing (Think like a Pro Writer) (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
- Editing Your Novel's Structure: Tips, Tricks, and Checklists to Get You From Start to Finish (eBook, ePUB)4,49 €
- Indie Author Magazine: Featuring Craig Martelle: Issue #5, September 2021 - Focus on Retailers and Distribution (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- Revise to Write: Edit Your Novel, Get Published and Become a Better Writer (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- The Four Core Fiction (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Write Your Hero: How to Create Fan-Favorite Protagonists, from Heroines to Anti-Heroes and More (The Writer's Craft Series) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Read to Write (eBook, ePUB)0,99 €
What do writers need from plot?
Are those questions the same? Not really.
As wordsmiths, we writers know that want and need are two different words.
The want is a circumstance that we writers can control. We want plot specifics to help us craft story and exceed reader expectations.
The need is a circumstance of obligations from reader expectations of story. While readers may want the comfort of the genre elements (the tropes), they also wish to have their interest and curiosity piqued.
Can we writers deliver on the expectations and the surprises in order to please our readers?
That's the involved question that Discovering Your Plot hopes to answer.
This guidebook covers plot structure and the necessities of genre expectations so we writers can anticipate what readers want.
- It is NOT a list of tropes by genre or even a list of tropes that every novel should have.
It does explore the six most common plot structures.
- It is NOT a list of characters for plot or story. It is not a list of the "17 characters your novel needs" or the "characters used by famous authors", as listed on social media sites.
It is a detailed examination of the major sections of a novel.
- It is NOT a word-based or page-based formula of a novel's structure.
By the end of Discovering Your Plot¿ writers will have the tools to construct a story as well as diagnose problems with pacing, tension and suspense, and sequencing events.
Discovering Your Plot is Book 6 in the Think like a Pro Writer series and the second of the Discovering set of how-to guidebooks for writers at all skill levels. While the approach is for newbies, every writer can benefit from this fresh look at any novel's framework.
The Discovering set covers Characters, Plot, Author Branding, and Sentence Craft as well as completing a Novel-from the seeds of idea to publishing the manuscript.
Writers Ink Books, the umbrella for M.A. Lee and her pen names, has published over 30 titles, fiction and nonfiction, since its 2015 debut.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.