- Discourses of the Arab Revolutions in Media and Politics (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
- Translation in the Arab World (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- The Impact of Global English on Cultural Identities in the United Arab Emirates (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- How the Mass Media is contributing to the Emergence of Creaky Voice among young American Women (eBook, PDF)9,99 €
- History of Linguistics Volume I (eBook, PDF)37,95 €
- Discourses of Global Queer Mobility and the Mediatization of Equality (eBook, PDF)31,95 €
- The Discourses of Capitalism (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
The volume begins by summarising key events of the Arab Spring, tracing the development of protests from Tunisia and Egypt to Libya and Syria as well as the wider impact on the region. Ullmann builds on this foundation to lay out the theoretical frameworks to be applied to an extensive corpus of natural language and actual discourse highlighting Western, Middle Eastern, and North African perspectives which integrate theoretical work on metaphor, blending theory, and semantic prosodies. Methodological considerations on corpus selection and different conceptualisations of politics and mass media, generally and across countries, are discussed, with the final chapters outlining the overarching themes across metaphors in the corpus and how these metaphors were ultimately framed in the mass media and political landscape.
This book will be of particular interest to students and scholars interested in critical discourse analysis, language and politics, and corpus linguistics.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 266
- Erscheinungstermin: 23. August 2021
- ISBN-13: 9781000398946
- Artikelnr.: 62141984