- Theories of Sustainable Development (eBook, PDF)41,95 €
- Gender Equality and Sustainable Development (eBook, PDF)23,95 €
- Social Practices, Intervention and Sustainability (eBook, PDF)36,95 €
- Form, Art and the Environment (eBook, PDF)36,95 €
- Emerging Economies and Challenges to Sustainability (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
- Rethinking the Green State (eBook, PDF)39,95 €
- After Sustainability (eBook, PDF)39,95 €
Accessible and engaging, the book examines the 'old' sustainability of the past and looks to the future, considering how economic, ecological and social sustainability should be defined if we are to solve the entwined environmental, economic and social crises. It considers if meaningful sustainability is the same as a 'sustainable development' based on endless growth, examining the difficult but central issues of overpopulation and overconsumption that drive unsustainability. The book also explores the central role played by society's worldview and ethics, along with humanity's most dangerous characteristic - denial. Finally, it looks to the future, discussing the 'appropriate' technology needed for sustainability, and suggesting nine key solutions.
This book provides a much-needed comprehensive discussion of what sustainability means for students, policy makers and all those interested in a sustainable future.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.