- Islamist Politics in the Middle East (eBook, ePUB)34,95 €
- Islamist Parties and Political Normalization in the Muslim World (eBook, ePUB)46,95 €
- The International Politics of Democratization (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Islamism and the West (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- The First Islamist Republic (eBook, ePUB)35,95 €
- The New Extremism in 21st Century Britain (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
Democratization in the Muslim World represents an important contribution to the debate on democratization and political Islam that emphasises the synergetic effects and global reach of both Islamist and democratic politics. It comes to terms with the problematic relationship between Islam and democracy in the uncertain post-Cold War, post-9/11 world order by highlighting the malleability of Islamic discourses and of its institutional resources, as well as the diversity of the political strategies of incumbent regimes to remain in power. It combines key theoretical issues and country-specific studies of some of the most relevant Muslim polities of the post-Cold War and post-9/11 era.
This text was previously published as a special issue of Democratization and will be of interest to students of Middle East politics, governance, democracy, and human rights.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 176
- Erscheinungstermin: 13. September 2013
- ISBN-13: 9781317997375
- Artikelnr.: 57099988