- Conversations with Maurice Sendak (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Conversations with Robert Morgan (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Conversations with Allen Ginsberg (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Conversations with John Berryman (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Conversations with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Conversations with Vladimir Nabokov (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
L'Engle's books, as well as her life, were often marked by contradictions. A consummate storyteller, L'Engle carefully crafted and performed a public self-image via her interviews. Weaving through the documentable facts in these interviews are partial lies, misdirections, and wish-fulfillment fantasies. But, when read against her fictions, these "truths" can help us see L'Engle more deeply-what she wanted for herself and for her children, what she believed about good and evil, and what she thought was the right way and the wrong way to be a family-than if she had been able to articulate the truth more directly.
The thirteen interviews collected here reveal an amazing feat of authorial self-fashioning, as L'Engle transformed from novelist to children's author to Christian writer and attempted to craft a public persona that would speak to each of these different audiences in meaningful, yet not painfully revealing, ways.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Faber & Faber
- Seitenzahl: 226
- Erscheinungstermin: 3. Dezember 2018
- ISBN-13: 9781496819857
- Artikelnr.: 54734256