- Conversations with Lorraine Hansberry (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Conversations with Joanna Scott (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Conversations with Robert Stone (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Conversations with Dana Gioia (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Conversations with Vladimir Nabokov (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Conversations with Madeleine L'Engle (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
Jen's insights into the merits and drawbacks of Eastern and Western cultures, including American individualism and exceptionalism and Asian interdependent mindset and living principles, provide us with keys to understanding the identity struggles of the author herself as well as her fictional characters. The comparative approach Jen adopts in her comments on such topics as education, politics, business, religion, and concepts of creativity and success provokes readers to reflect on their relationships with themselves, with the society in which they live, and with the rest of the world. At the heart of these conversations is Jen's sense of humor, which makes the book a joyful read for both scholars and casual fans of her work.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: LSU Press
- Seitenzahl: 176
- Erscheinungstermin: 24. Oktober 2018
- ISBN-13: 9781496819345
- Artikelnr.: 54340542