- Conversations with Lorraine Hansberry (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Conversations with Colson Whitehead (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- American Fiction of the 1990s (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Conversations with John A. Williams (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Conversations with Neil Gaiman (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Conversations with Colum McCann (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Conversations with Colum McCann (eBook, ePUB)77,95 €
These interviews coincide with Edwidge Danticat's evolving artistic vision, her steady book publication, and her expanding roles as fiction writer, essayist, memoirist, documentarian, young adult book author, editor, songwriter, cultural critic, and political commentator. Dating from her appearance on the literary scene at the age of twenty-five, the many interviews that she has granted attest to not only her productivity, but also her accessibility to scholars, teachers, writers, and journalists eager for knowledge about her vision. Included in this volume are interviews that range from 2000, covering the publication of her debut work of fiction, Breath, Eyes, Memory, to a personal interview conducted with the volume editor in 2016. In that conversation, which appears for the first time as part of this collection, Danticat provides insight into little-known aspects of her life, art, and politics.
Her candid interviews carry out a careful stripping away of preconceived notions of Danticat, disclosing the private and public life of a first-class writer and intellectual whose countless achievements have assured her an enduring place within contemporary world letters.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Princeton University Press
- Seitenzahl: 224
- Erscheinungstermin: 6. Juli 2017
- ISBN-13: 9781496812568
- Artikelnr.: 48792215