- Compact Clinical Guide to Cancer Pain Management (eBook, ePUB)46,95 €
- Compact Clinical Guide to Chronic Pain Management (eBook, ePUB)50,95 €
- Compact Clinical Guide to Acute Pain Management (eBook, ePUB)50,95 €
- Compact Clinical Guide to Infant and Child Pain Management (eBook, ePUB)50,95 €
- Compact Clinical Guide to Women's Pain Management (eBook, ePUB)46,95 €
- tolino shine 3112,99 €
- Compact Clinical Guide to Critical Care, Trauma, and Emergency Pain Management (eBook, ePUB)48,95 €
From the Foreword by Ronald Melzack, PhD, FRSC
Professor Emeritus McGill University
"This is a well-written and concise book....Nurses and other healthcare professionals will certainly find this book a useful resource for understanding and managing geriatric pain."--Clinical Nurse Specialist
Older adults can be especially susceptible to the debilitating effects of chronic pain, yet there are often barriers to successfully alleviating pain on the part of elderly patients and the health care professionals who treat them. This comprehensive guide to geriatric pain management provides the most current information available on assessment and treatment of pain in older adults.
In a concise, reader-friendly format, the book provides techniques, tips, and tools for assessing pain and examines barriers to appropriate treatment. It addresses the physiological and psychosocial factors underlying the process and occurrence of pain and helps nurses to develop a comprehensive multimodal approach to pain management that includes pharmacological and nonpharmacological interventions. The guide provides detailed coverage of medications commonly used for pain management, including all contraindications and side effects, so that nurses will be able to evaluate the best use of a medication in the context of comorbidities and sensitivities of each individual. Also addressed are chronic illnesses common to the elderly population, palliative and hospice care, treatment of concurrent depression and anxiety, treatment of cognitively impaired elderly, and techniques for assessment and intervention in cases of substance abuse.
- Provides concise yet comprehensive information on assessment and treatment of geriatric pain
- Includes detailed coverage of a great variety of pain medications, including contraindications and side effects
- Explores barriers to appropriate treatment
- Covers chronic diseases of the elderly, palliative and hospice care, depression and anxiety, substance abuse, and treatment of cognitively impaired elderly
- Written by a highly respected practitioner and educator in geriatric pain management
- Includes case studies, handy tables, questions for reflection, and references for additional study
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.