- Collecting Recipes (eBook, ePUB)70,95 €
- Officina Hippocratica (eBook, PDF)139,95 €
- ??s? ibn ?Al?'s Book on the Useful Properties of Animal Parts (eBook, PDF)189,95 €
- Poetae epici Graeci (eBook, PDF)56,95 €
- Sylloge inscriptionum religionis Isiacae et Sarapiacae (eBook, PDF)111,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- Indices (eBook, PDF)42,95 €
With a clear comparative approach, this volume brings together for the first time contributions that cover different periods of the history of ancient pharmacology, from Greek, Byzantine, and Syriac medicine to the Rabbinic-Talmudic medical discourses. This collection opens up new synchronic and diachronic perspectives in the study of the ancient traditions of recipe-books and medical collections. Besides the highly influential Galenic tradition, the contributions will focus on less studied Byzantine and Syriac sources as well as on the Talmudic tradition, which has never been systematically investigated in relation to medicine. This inquiry will highlight the overwhelming mass of information about drugs and remedies, which accumulated over the centuries and was disseminated in a variety of texts belonging to distinct cultural milieus. Through a close analysis of some relevant case studies, this volume will trace some paths of this transmission and transformation of pharmacological knowledge across cultural and linguistic boundaries, by pointing to the variety of disciplines and areas of expertise involved in the process.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 342
- Erscheinungstermin: 25.09.2017
- ISBN-13: 9781501502538
- Artikelnr.: 49142475