- Centralisation, Devolution and the Future of Local Government in England (eBook, ePUB)33,95 €
- The Regional Governing Of Metropolitan America (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Greening the Built Environment (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
- Metropolitan Governance in America (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
- Devolution and Localism in England (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
- The American Experiment with Government Corporations (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- Political Change in the Metropolis (eBook, PDF)90,95 €
This book is the first to directly address this trend's impact upon the institution of local government, a crucial element in the democratic viability of a unitary state. The process of centralisation, and its corrosive effect on the status and responsibilities of local government, have been widely recognised and deplored among politicians and senior officers within local government, and by academics with an interest in this field. However, there has been no study exploring in detail its impact, and, equally important, suggesting ways in which the growing imbalance between the powers of central and local government should be rectified. This book fills this gap.
This text will be of key interest to scholars, students and practitioners of local government, and more generally to those interested in what has been happening to British politics and governance.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.