- Bureaucratic Fanatics (eBook, PDF)66,95 €
- Language Change in Central Asia (eBook, ePUB)76,95 €
- Latein, Griechisch, Hebräisch (eBook, ePUB)140,95 €
- Invisibilising Austrian German (eBook, ePUB)76,95 €
- The Syllable and Stress (eBook, ePUB)76,95 €
- Writing Juárez (eBook, ePUB)35,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
At the end of the 18th century, a new and paradoxical kind of fanaticism emerged - rational fanaticism - that propelled the intensive biopolitical management of everyday life in Europe and North America as well as the extensive colonial exploitation of the earth and its peoples. These excesses of bureaucratization incited in turn increasingly fanatical forms of resistance. And they inspired literary production that provocatively presented the outrageous contours of rationalization. Combining political theory with readings of Kleist, Melville, Conrad, and Kafka, this genealogy of bureaucratic fanaticism relates two extreme figures: fanatical bureaucrats driven to the ends of the earth and to the limits of humanity by the rationality of the apparatuses they serve; and peculiar fanatics who passionately, albeit seemingly passively, resist the encroachments of bureaucratization.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.