- Bringing Down the Colonel (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Bringing It All Back Home (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- The World Hunt (eBook, ePUB)17,95 €
- Bringing Mulligan Home (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Bringing Whales Ashore (eBook, ePUB)24,95 €
- The Modern World-System I (eBook, ePUB)25,95 €
- The Modern World-System III (eBook, ePUB)25,95 €
Varon explores Weatherman and RAF's strong similarities and the reasons why radicals in different settings developed a shared set of values, languages, and strategies. Addressing the relationship of historical memory to political action, Varon demonstrates how Germany's fascist past influenced the brutal and escalating nature of the West German conflict in the 60s and 70s, as well as the reasons why left-wing violence dropped sharply in the United States during the 1970s. Bringing the War Home is a fascinating account of why violence develops within social movements, how states can respond to radical dissent and forms of terror, how the rational and irrational can combine in political movements, and finally how moral outrage and militancy can play both constructive and destructive roles in efforts at social change.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Kensington Books
- Seitenzahl: 407
- Erscheinungstermin: 30.04.2004
- ISBN-13: 9780520930957
- Artikelnr.: 37839659