- Doing Research in Design (eBook, ePUB)23,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Thinking: Objects: Contemporary Approaches to Product Design (eBook, ePUB)25,95 €
- Color and Design (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- Basics Product Design 03: Visual Conversations (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
- Practice-based Design Research (eBook, ePUB)22,95 €
- The Disobedience of Design (eBook, ePUB)22,95 €
Examining the relation of design to the nature of the human species - where the species came from, how it was created, what it became and its likely future - Fry asserts that current biological and social models of evolution are an insufficient explanation of how 'we humans' became what we are.
Making a case for ontological design as an evolutionary agency, the book posits the relation between the formation of the world of human fabrication and the making of mankind itself as indivisible. It also functions as a provocation to rethink the fate of Homo sapiens, recognising that all species are finite and that the fate of humankind turns on a fundamental Darwinian principle - adapt or die. Fry considers the nature of adaptation, arguing that it will depend on an ability to think and design in new ways.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury UK
- Seitenzahl: 272
- Erscheinungstermin: 18. Juli 2013
- ISBN-13: 9780857853561
- Artikelnr.: 39477842