- Authority and the Liberal Tradition (eBook, PDF)33,95 €
- The Return of Feminist Liberalism (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- Varieties of Feminist Liberalism (eBook, ePUB)41,95 €
- Meanings of Michael Oakeshott's Conservatism (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- The War for Children's Minds (eBook, ePUB)15,95 €
- Rights (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
Placing major Anglo-American thinkers from Hobbes to Rorty in their social contexts, Heineman traces the liberal intellectual perspective as it has evolved from the integration of culture and philosophy. He illustrates how the disjunction of theory and culture now weakens liberal thought as a foundation for effective government. Instead, he proposes returning to a philosophical position that consciously relies on community traditions and values, which can support democratic ideology.
Authority and the Liberal Tradition is especially timely at this juncture In American history, as fragmentation of the national policy process threatens government's ability to cope with major problems. This second edition includes two chapters of entirely new material: "Liberal Ideology in a Conservative Nation" and "The Dialogue of Modem Liberalism." It will be of interest to political scientists, social theorists, and philosophers.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 234
- Erscheinungstermin: 17. Februar 2020
- ISBN-13: 9781000675870
- Artikelnr.: 58782100