- Aquinas and Radical Orthodoxy (eBook, ePUB)35,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- A New History of African Christian Thought (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- Visual Thought in Russian Religious Philosophy (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- Catholic Social Thought and Liberal Institutions (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- Thomas Torrance's Mediations and Revelation (eBook, ePUB)33,95 €
- Aristotle in Aquinas's Theology (eBook, ePUB)16,95 €
Aristotle and Early Christian Thought is the first book in English to give a synoptic account of the slow appropriation of Aristotelian thought in the Christian world from the second to the sixth century. Concentrating on the great theological topics - creation, the soul, the Trinity, and Christology - it makes full use of modern scholarship on the Peripatetic tradition after Aristotle, explaining the significance of Neoplatonism as a mediator of Aristotelian logic. While stressing the fidelity of Christian thinkers to biblical presuppositions which were not shared by the Greek schools, it also describes their attempts to overcome the pagan objections to biblical teachings by a consistent use of Aristotelian principles, and it follows their application of these principles to matters which lay outside the purview of Aristotle himself.
This volume offers a valuable study not only for students of Christian theology in its formative years, but also for anyone seeking an introduction to the thought of Aristotle and its developments in Late Antiquity.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 238
- Erscheinungstermin: 13.03.2019
- ISBN-13: 9781315520193
- Artikelnr.: 55879337