- Host or Parasite? (eBook, ePUB)61,95 €
- Ancient Memory (eBook, PDF)113,95 €
- Virgilian Parerga (eBook, ePUB)58,95 €
- Typen, Gruppen und Individuen bei Livius (eBook, ePUB)140,95 €
- Scritti editi e inediti (eBook, ePUB)136,95 €
- Life, Love and Death in Latin Poetry (eBook, ePUB)91,95 €
- Seneca Philosophus (eBook, ePUB)76,95 €
The present volume provides just such an approach, theorising the use and role of memory in Graeco-Roman thought and literature, and building on the background of memory studies. The volume's contributors apply theoretical models such as memoryscapes, civic and cultural memory, and memory loss to a range of authors, from Homeric epic to Senecan drama, and from historiography to Cicero's recollections of performances. The chapters are divided into four sections according to the main perspective taken. These are: 1) the Mechanics of Memory, 2) Collective memory, 3) Female Memory, and 4) Oblivion.
This modern approach to ancient memory will be useful for scholars working across the range of Greek and Roman literature, as well as for students, and a broader interdisciplinary audience interested in the intersection of memory studies and Classics.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.