- Ross' Texas Brigade: The Texas Rangers & Cavalry In The Civil War (Civil War Texas Rangers & Cavalry, #3) (eBook, ePUB)2,81 €
- 8th Texas Cavalry In The Civil War: Life Record Of H. W. Graber, A Terry Texas Ranger 1861-65; Sixty-Two Years In Texas (Civil War Texas & Cavalry, #5) (eBook, ePUB)2,81 €
- Terry's Texas Rangers: The 8th Texas Cavalry Regiment In The Civil War (Civil War Texas Rangers & Cavalry, #2) (eBook, ePUB)2,81 €
- The 8th Texas Cavalry Collection: Terry's Texas Rangers, The Diary Of Ephraim Shelby Dodd, Reminiscences Of The Terry Rangers, Life Record Of H. W. Graber; A Terry Ranger 1861-1865 (4 Volumes In 1) (eBook, ePUB)5,63 €
- Diary of Ephraim Shelby Dodd; 1862-1864: Terry's Texas Rangers; Company D; 8th Texas Cavalry Regiment (Civil War Texas Ranger & Cavalry, #1) (eBook, ePUB)2,81 €
- Captain Jeff; Or Frontier Life In Texas With The Texas Rangers (Texas Rangers Indian Wars, #1) (eBook, ePUB)2,58 €
- The Fair Chase (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
The Fifth Cavalry was especially notable in that within its ranks were many of the most distinguished Civil War officers for both North and South as well as major military figures in the Plains Indian Wars of the 1870's. Examples for the South are Robert E. Lee, Sidney Johnston, William Hardee, Earl Van Dorn and Edmund Kirby Smith, while for the North we have George Stoneman, George Thomas, William Emory, George Custer and Wesley Merrit. This unit was a who's who of a training ground for men who put their military stamp on the period 1855 to 1880.
A fascinating look at the history of the cavalry in both the Civil War and the Indian Wars on the Great Plains of the 1870's.
There are approximately 213,350+ words and approximately 711+ pages at 300 words per page in this e-book.
NOTE: This book has been scanned then OCR (Optical Character Recognition) has been applied to turn the scanned page images back into editable text. Then every effort has been made to correct typos, spelling, and to eliminate stray marks picked up by the OCR program. The original and/or extra period images, if any, were then placed in the appropriate place and, finally, the file was formatted for the e-book criteria of the site. This means that the text CAN be re-sized, searches performed, & bookmarks added, unlike some other e-books that are only scanned---errors, stray marks, and all.
We have added an Interactive Table of Contents & an Interactive List of Illustrations if any were present in the original. This means that the reader can click on the links in the Table of Contents or the List of Illustrations & be instantly transported to that chapter or illustration.
Our aim is to provide the reader AND the collector with long out-of-print (OOP) classic books at realistic prices. If you load your mobile device(s) with our books, not only will you have fingertip access to a large library of antiquarian and out-of-print material at reasonable prices, but you can mark them up electronically & always have them for immediate reference without worrying about damage or loss to expensive bound copies.
We will be adding to our titles regularly, look for our offerings on your favorite e-book site.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Maine Book Barn Publishing
- Erscheinungstermin: 27.09.2013
- ISBN-13: 9781501489976
- Artikelnr.: 43123582