- The Hidden History of Burma: Race, Capitalism, and Democracy in the 21st Century (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- The Hidden History of Burma (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- The Diary of 1636 (eBook, ePUB)16,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Jade Mountains and Cinnabar Pools (eBook, ePUB)21,95 €
- Hidden Figures: The Untold Story of the African American Women Who Helped Win the Space Race (eBook, ePUB)6,29 €
- Novel Medicine (eBook, ePUB)66,95 €
Translated for the first time into English, Li Zhi's bold challenge to established doctrines will captivate anyone curious about the origins of such subtly transgressive works as the sixteenth-century play The Peony Pavilion or the eighteenth-century novel Dream of the Red Chamber. In A Book to Burn and a Book to Keep (Hidden), Li Zhi confronts accepted ideas about gender, questions the true identity of history's heroes and villains, and offers his own readings of Confucius, Laozi, and the Buddha. Fond of vivid sentiment and sharp expression, Li Zhi made no distinction between high and low literary genres in his literary analysis. He refused to support sanctioned ideas about morality and wrote stinging social critiques. Li Zhi praised scholars who risked everything to expose extortion and misrule. In this sophisticated translation, English-speaking readers encounter the best of this heterodox intellectual's vital contribution to Chinese thought and culture.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Columbia University Press
- Erscheinungstermin: 7. Juni 2016
- ISBN-13: 9780231541534
- Artikelnr.: 49433019