- The Government and Politics of the European Union85,99 €
- The Political System of the European Union36,99 €
- Key Controversies in European Integration32,99 €
- Interest Representation in the European Union78,99 €
- Interest Representation in the European Union36,99 €
- Environmental Policy and Politics in the European Union33,99 €
- The Government and Politics of the European Community49,99 €
Acclaimed author and academic Neill Nugent has written a comprehensive text, enabling students with no prior knowledge of the EU to master the subject. By detailing the historical evolution of European integration, Nugent gives the necessary context to his exhaustive analysis of policies, process, institutions and treaties. This has grown to include two new chapters on Member State Relations and Interest Representation. The final section considers concepts and theories with EU studies, providing a succinct, accessible introduction to theory, which can be read as standalone chapters.
Completely redesigned and updated throughout with a new structure to increase readability and packed with numerous pedagogical features -document excerpts, case studies, maps figures - and supported by a fully stocked companion website with resources for both students and lecturers, this text is an essential for students new to EU studies.
- The European Union Series
- Verlag: Springer, Berlin; Macmillan Education; Palgrave
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 978-1-137-45408-9
- 8. Aufl.
- Seitenzahl: 512
- Erscheinungstermin: 7. März 2017
- Abmessung: 246mm x 192mm x 30mm
- Gewicht: 1125g
- ISBN-13: 9781137454089
- ISBN-10: 1137454083
- Artikelnr.: 47357712
PART 1: THE HISTORICAL EVOLUTION.
2. The Post
War Transformation of Western Europe .
3. The Creation of the European Community.
4. The Deepening of the Integration Process .
5. The Widening of the Integration Process.
PART 2: THE EVOLVING TREATY FRAMEWORK.
6. From Rome to Nice.
7. The Constitutional and Lisbon Treaties.
8. Treaties and the Integration Process.
PART 3: THE INSTITUTIONS AND POLITICAL ACTORS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION.
9. The Commission.
10. The Council of the European Union.
11. The European Council.
12. The European Parliament.
13. European Union Law and the EU's Courts.
14. Other Institutions.
16. The Member States.
PART 4: POLICIES AND POLICY PROCESSES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION.
17. Understanding EU Policies.
18. Policy Processes.
19. Making and Applying EU Legislation.
20. Internal Policies.
21. Agricultural Policy and Policy Processes.
22. External Policies.
23. The Budget.
PART 5: STEPPING BACK AND LOOKING FORWARD.
24. Conceptualising the European Union.
25. Theorising European Integration and EU Politics.
26. Conclusion: Present Realities and Future Prospects.
Guide to Further Reading.
Bibliography and References.