- Auf dem Fahrrad macht man keinen Mittagsschlaf (eBook, ePUB)8,99 €
- Another Fine Mess (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Europe in the Looking-Glass (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- Europe from a Backpack (eBook, ePUB)2,99 €
- Mid-Life Crisis on Wheels: a bicycle journey around the world (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Danube (eBook, ePUB)9,99 €
For five years, Ben Coates lived alongside a major channel of the river in Rotterdam, crossing it daily, swimming and sailing in its tributaries. In The Rhine, he sets out by bicycle from the Netherlands where it enters the North Sea, following it through Germany, France and Liechtenstein, to its source in the icy Alps. He explores the impact that the Rhine has had on European culture and history and finds out how influences have flowed along and across the river, shaping the people who live alongside it.
Blending travelogue and offbeat history, The Rhine tells the fascinating story of how a great river helped shape a continent.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: John Murray Press
- Seitenzahl: 304
- Erscheinungstermin: 13.09.2018
- ISBN-13: 9781473662186
- Artikelnr.: 53881897