- Justice, Luck & Responsibility in Health Care (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Perspectives on Human Suffering (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Handbook of Analytic Philosophy of Medicine (eBook, PDF)365,95 €
- Handbook of Analytic Philosophy of Medicine (eBook, PDF)275,95 €
- The Mental Mechanisms of Patient Adherence to Long-Term Therapies (eBook, PDF)67,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- Normative Ethik (eBook, PDF)59,95 €
For decades European philosophers have offered important insights into the relation between the practices of medicine, the concept of illness, and society more broadly understood. These interventions have generally striven to be both historically nuanced and accessible to non-experts. From Georges Canguilhem's seminal The Normal and the Pathological, Michel Foucault's lectures on madness, sexuality, and biopolitics, Hans Jonas's deeply thoughtful essays on the right to die, life extension, and ethics in a technological age, Hans-Georg Gadamer's lectures on The Enigma of Health, and more recently Jürgen Habermas's carefully nuanced interventions on the question of liberal eugenics, these thinkers have sought to engage the wider public as much as their fellow philosophers on questions of paramount importance to current bioethical and social-political debate. The essays contained here continue this tradition of engagement and accessibility. In the best practices of European philosophy, the contributions in this volume aim to engage with and stimulate a broad spectrum of readers, not just experts. In doing so the volume offers a showcase of the richness and rigor of continental perspectives on medicine and society.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 22.05.2015
- ISBN-13: 9789401798709
- Artikelnr.: 43791867