- Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- And Then They Stopped Talking to Me (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Your Adolescent (eBook, ePUB)11,99 €
- The Out-of-Sync Child Grows Up (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Under Pressure (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- WHY Do They Act That Way? (eBook, ePUB)12,69 €
- Parenting Teens: Raising Balanced Teenagers and Helping them Become Extraordinary Adults (A+ Parenting) (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
In recent years, numerous studies have shown that bright, charming, seemingly confident and socially skilled teenagers from affluent, loving families are experiencing epidemic rates of depression, substance abuse, and anxiety disorders—rates higher than in any other socioeconomic group of American adolescents. Materialism, pressure to achieve, perfectionism, and disconnection are combining to create a perfect storm that is devastating children of privilege and their parents alike.
In this eye-opening, provocative, and essential book, clinical psychologist Madeline Levine explodes one child-rearing myth after another. With empathy and candor, she identifies toxic cultural influences and well-intentioned, but misguided, parenting practices that are detrimental to a child's healthy self-development. Her thoughtful, practical advice provides solutions that will enable parents to help their emotionally troubled "star" child cultivate an authentic sense of self.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: HarperCollins e-books
- Seitenzahl: 256
- Erscheinungstermin: 13. Oktober 2009
- ISBN-13: 9780061851957
- Artikelnr.: 37996291