- Raising a Moody Child (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Mommies, Daddies, Donors, Surrogates (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Bright Kids Who Can't Keep Up (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Screen-Smart Parenting (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Treating Explosive Kids (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
- Boys of Few Words (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Helping Teens Who Cut, Second Edition (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
If your son begs to stay home from school to avoid speaking in front of the class, should you be worried? If your daughter insists on crossing the street whenever she sees a dog, what should you do? A simple evaluation devised by renowned psychologist Dr. Cynthia G. Last can help you determine if you have reason to be concerned. If so, you can use Dr. Last's checklists and examples to figure out the type and severity of your child's anxiety, identify contributing factors, and tackle the problem head on. Strategies tailored for different kinds of anxiety will guide you in preventing new episodes, calming your child when a problem arises, and keeping anxieties in check as your son or daughter matures. Dr. Last delivers powerful advice and insightful information gleaned from 25 years of experience working with worried kids and their families, including coping and relaxation skills your child can use to reduce stress and worry, and tips for encouraging kids to approach--not avoid--their fears. Whether your son or daughter can't go on sleepovers, gets nervous around peers, or just plain worries about "everything,” this reassuring and compassionate book will teach you how to soothe your child's immediate fears and instill lasting confidence.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Apa Publications
- Seitenzahl: 275
- Erscheinungstermin: 11. November 2005
- ISBN-13: 9781606238066
- Artikelnr.: 41860648