- Theories of Intensionality (eBook, PDF)78,95 €
- Perspectives on Interrogative Models of Inquiry (eBook, PDF)67,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Linking Game-Theoretical Approaches with Constructive Type Theory (eBook, PDF)42,95 €
- Modality, Semantics and Interpretations (eBook, PDF)67,95 €
- Structural Realism (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- Logic, Mathematics, Philosophy, Vintage Enthusiasms (eBook, PDF)152,95 €
The book discusses the philosophical interpretation of these modal paradoxes and argues that any satisfactory approach to modality will have to face the paradoxes independently of the grammatical category of the modal notion. By systematizing modal principles with respect to their joint consistency and inconsistency, Stern provides an overview of the options and limitations of the predicate approach to modality that may serve as a useful starting point for future work on predicate approaches to modality. Stern also develops a general strategy for constructing philosophically attractive theories of modal notions conceived as predicates. The idea is to characterize the modal predicate by appeal to its interaction with the truth predicate. This strategy is put to use by developing the modal theories Modal Friedman-Sheard and Modal Kripke-Feferman.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 20.10.2015
- ISBN-13: 9783319225579
- Artikelnr.: 44598027