- Making Evidence-Based Psychological Treatments Work with Older Adults51,99 €
- The Challenge of Maturity: A Comprehensive Guide to Understand and Achieve Psychological and Social Self-Actualization as We Grow Older (Second E84,99 €
- Aging and Cognition: Research Methodologies and Empirical Advances22,99 €
- Handbook of Midlife Development143,99 €
- Aging, Death, and the Completion of Being74,99 €
- Reiki Healing for Beginners 2020: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Improve Mental Health, Increase Your Energy and Find Peace in the Everyday26,99 €
- Great Myths of Aging C79,99 €
- Verlag: WILEY
- Seitenzahl: 224
- Erscheinungstermin: Mai 2010
- Abmessung: 246mm x 168mm x 18mm
- Gewicht: 499g
- ISBN-13: 9780470683354
- ISBN-10: 047068335X
- Artikelnr.: 31575128
About the Author and Book.
1 The Psychology and Ecology of Ageing.
2 Preventive Psychology in Later Life.
3 Assessment in the New Paradigm.
4 New Paradigm Principles for Intervention.
5 Older People with Cognitive Disabilities.
6 New Paradigm Principles of Service Design.
7 Psychological Therapies with Older People.
"Elspeth Stirling's intellect, wisdom and compassionate commitmentto the well being of older people shines through in this book,which skilfully weaves together social role valorisation andpositive psychology to create a 'new' positive psychology ofageing. It represents a revolutionary challenge not only toClinical Psychology and related professions, but also to themechanisms and attitudes of Western society in general. I predictthis book will come to be judged as a milestone in the literatureon the psychology of ageing."
--Dr Sinclair Lough, Head of Psychology Services forOlder People, Dorset PCT
"At a time when age equality is being promoted as a policy, thisbook provides a welcome antidote to dogma, communicating a positivepsychology of ageing that is grounded equally in theory andpractice. Social Role Valorization has found its champion inrelation to ageing and older people in Elspeth Stirling, and may atlast make its long-awaited contribution to this challenging area ofhuman experience. Blended with insights from Cognitive AnalyticTherapy and with illustrative case examples, this is a powerful,refreshing book that could change the way we see older people andageing. Recommended for all those who work with olderpeople."
-- Bob Woods, Professor of Clinical Psychology of OlderPeople, Bangor University, UK