- From DNA to Social Cognition147,99 €
- Mammalian Brain Development268,99 €
- Neurodevelopment and Neurodevelopmental Disorder86,99 €
- Mammalian Brain Development153,99 €
- Diagnosis, Management and Modeling of Neurodevelopmental Disorders: The Neuroscience of Development234,99 €
- Metabolic Syndrome and Neurological Disorders237,99 €
- Handbook of Neurodevelopmental Disorders152,99 €
The book begins by examining the genetic architecture and etiology of neurodevelopmental disorders. It describes the striking recent progress in identifying pathogenic mutations, which are grouped here based on the neurodevelopmental processes impacted. Subsequent chapters consider the use of cellular and animal models to elucidate the cascading consequences of such mutations, from molecular and cellular levels to emergent effects on neural circuits, brain systems and subsequent psychological development. The text concludes by examining the important clinical implications of the recent advances in the field, from recognition of the genetic causes in individual patients to development of new treatments and interventions.
A timely synthesis, The Genetics of Neurodevelopmental Disorders is a unique and essential resource for neuroscientists, geneticists, neurologists and psychiatrists and an accessible and up-to-date overview for medical and science students.