- The Early Modern European Economy116,99 €
- An Economic History of Twentieth-Century Europe: Economic Regimes from Laissez-Faire to Globalization124,99 €
- 'deficient in Commercial Morality'?: Japan in Global Debates on Business Ethics in the Late Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Centuries66,99 €
- The Political Economy of Argentina in the Twentieth Century98,99 €
- Japanese Economic Growth: Trend Acceleration in the Twentieth Century79,99 €
- The Development of the French Economy 1750 191452,99 €
- The Invention of Sustainability: Nature and Destiny, C.1500-187049,99 €
Surveys the spectacular transformation that the French economy has undergone over the past century.
This new textbook examines the spectacular transformation that the French economy has undergone over the past century. Jean-Pierre Dormois offers a general introduction to the major trends as well as recent transformations of French society, and an overview of modern economic development. He tackles the key themes associated with the French 'path of economic development' - Malthusianism, exceptionalism and Colbertism. Other chapters address standard economic issues on the role of human capital formation, economic institutions and openness to the rest of the world. The author examines and interprets trends and features of the period as a whole, and sets them in a wider European framework. This book offers students a helpful and concise summary of recent research, and presents a uniquely synthetic view of the French economy in the twentieth century. It will have broad appeal for students and teachers of French and of European history and economics.
Table of contents:
1. The end of French exceptionalism; 2. French economic performance in international perspective; 3. France and the wider world; 4. The changing guises of Colbertism; 5. The institutions of French capitalism; 6. Labour: the French at work; 7. Tilling and grazing: lifeblood or strain(?)33;; 8. Industrialisation, de-industrialisation, post-industrialisation; Conclusion.
- New Studies in Economic and So Nr.49
- Verlag: CAMBRIDGE
- Seitenzahl: 174
- Erscheinungstermin: Juli 2004
- Abmessung: 218mm x 140mm x 15mm
- Gewicht: 295g
- ISBN-13: 9780521660921
- ISBN-10: 0521660920
- Artikelnr.: 21548091