- Fungi and Lignocellulosic Biomass257,99 €
- Encyclopedia of Agrochemicals, 3 Volume Set1.871,99 €
- The Freezing Preservation of Fruits, Fruit Juices, and Vegetables36,99 €
- Sustainable Agriculture Volume 2406,99 €
- Ecologically-Based Integrated Pest Management230,99 €
- An integrated assessment of the European policy on biofuels33,99 €
- Biofuels AgWastes Byproducts237,99 €
Sugarcane has garnered much interest for its potential as a viable renewable energy crop. While the use of sugar juice for ethanol production has been in practice for years, a new focus on using the fibrous co-product known as bagasse for producing renewable fuels and bio-based chemicals is growing in interest. The success of these efforts, and the development of new varieties of energy canes, could greatly increase the use of sugarcane and sugarcane biomass for fuels while enhancing industry sustainability and competitiveness. Sugarcane-Based Biofuels and Bioproducts examines the development of a suite of established and developing biofuels and other renewable products derived from sugarcane and sugarcane-based co-products, such as bagasse. Chapters provide broad-ranging coverage of sugarcane biology, biotechnological advances, and breakthroughs in production and processing techniques. This text brings together essential information regarding the development and utilization of new fuels and bioproducts derived from sugarcane. Authored by experts in the field, Sugarcane-Based Biofuels and Bioproducts is an invaluable resource for researchers studying biofuels, sugarcane, and plant biotechnology as well as sugar and biofuels industry personnel.