- Verlag: Wiley & Sons; Polity Press
- 6th ed.
- Seitenzahl: 1194
- Ausstattung/Bilder: 6th ed. 2009. XXXIII, 1194 p. w. num. ills. (mostly col.).
- Abmessung: 265mm
- Gewicht: 2915g
- ISBN-13: 9780745643588
- ISBN-10: 0745643582
- Best.Nr.: 25610020
2. Asking and Answering Sociological Questions.
3. Theories and Perspectives in Sociology.
4. Globalization and the Changing World.
5. The Environment.
6. Cities and Urban Life.
7. Social Interaction and Everyday Life.
8. The Life-Course.
9. Families and Intimate Relationships.
10. Health, Illness and Disability.
11. Stratification and Class.
12. Poverty, Social Exclusion and Welfare.
13. Global Inequality.
14. Sexuality and Gender.
15. 'Race', Ethnicity and Migration.
17. The Media.
18. Organizations and Networks.
20. Work and Economic Life.
21. Crime and Deviance.
22. Politics, Government and Social Movements.
23. Nations, War and Terrorism
"With this new edition of Sociology, Anthony Giddens has done the seemingly impossible. He has lifted the best introductory text in sociology in the world to yet a further level of excellence. It is a great achievement." -- Ulrich Beck, The London School of Economics
"There's no one on the planet with such a refined grasp of the practical and political significance of sociology as Anthony Giddens. This new edition of his best-selling textbook is his best yet." -- Anthony Elliott, University of Kent at Canterbury