- Long-term Perspective in Coastal Zone Development111,99 €
- Management and Sustainable Development of Coastal Zone Environments129,99 €
- Broad Scale Coastal Simulation36,99 €
- Tomorrow's Coasts: Complex and Impermanent97,99 €
- Fundamentals of Estuarine Physical Oceanography71,99 €
- Australian Coastal Systems84,99 €
- Reef-Platform Coral Boulders16,99 €
From February 2004 until December 2007 the ComCoast project (Combined Fu- tions in Coastal Defence Zones) was carried out within the Interreg IIIB framework. The objective of this project was to investigate and to test the options for spatial coastal protection concepts. The mission statement of the project over its entire duration was: A wider approach in coastal thinking. I was glad to be part of this project and would like to thank all my European colleagues for the constructive and cooperative atmosphere. Firstly, I would like to express my thanks to Prof. Dr. Horst Sterr and Prof. Dr. Hans Kunz who assisted me over these years with their thorough guidance and comprehensive expertise and for many in-depth discussions on the focus of this dissertation. Secondly, I would like to thank my colleague Dr. Jur ¨ gen Meyerdirks, who acted as my key scienti c sparring partner over the last two years, and who continuously demonstrated his ability to bring me back to earth. Additionally, I would like to thank my colleague Dr. Thomas Klenke, who gave me the chance to be part of a challenging European project consortium and who supported me with his expertise on the project and the dissertation. Furthermore, I would like to express my special thanks to Gerard McGovern, who thoroughly improved my English.
- Verlag: Springer / Springer Berlin Heidelberg / Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 12646876
- Erscheinungstermin: 4. August 2009
- Abmessung: 241mm x 160mm x 19mm
- Gewicht: 530g
- ISBN-13: 9783642017735
- ISBN-10: 3642017738
- Artikelnr.: 26488297
New Insights #x2013; Varying Circumstances and New Frameworks.
Anticipating the Future #x2013; Available Tools and Instruments.
Sound Options #x2013; Multifunctional Coastal Protection Zones.
Looking Ahead #x2013; A Sustainable Process.