- Groundwater in Ethiopia118,99 €
- Water Resources of North America126,99 €
- Surface- and Groundwater Quality Changes in Periods of Water Scarcity95,99 €
- The Water of the Jordan Valley157,99 €
- Surface- and Groundwater Quality Changes in Periods of Water Scarcity82,99 €
- Groundwater Dynamics in Hard Rock Aquifers61,99 €
- Flood Issues in Contemporary Water Management88,99 €
a) For the first time the basement aquifer of Ethiopia has been described hydrogeologically based on genesis of regoliths (deep weathering and striping history); clear regional difference in groundwater potential is shown for the first time; comparative accounty has been given regarding groundwater occurrence in the generally low grade basement rocks of Ethiopia (Arabian Nubian shield) and high grade basement rocks of the rest of Africa.
b) For the first time groundwater occurrence in multilyared sedimentary rocks account for spatial variation in degree of karstification; deformation history, and stratigraphy.
c) The vast volcanic aquifers of Ethiopia which have previously classifed based on their ages are now reclassified based on age, morphology (eg. groundwater in plateau volcanics, groundwater in shield volcanics) and aquifer structure.
d) The loose alluvio lacustrine sediments which were known as least extensive in previous works based on areal cover are in fact shown to host the most voluminous groundwater resources in Ethiopia. These aquifers have now been described based on their geomorphology, extent, and genesis.
The aim of this book is to use these newly created knowledge to redefine the understanding of groundwater resources in Ethiopia.
- Springer Hydrogeology
- Verlag: Springer / Springer Berlin Heidelberg / Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 86079510
- Erscheinungstermin: 1. August 2012
- Abmessung: 241mm x 160mm x 21mm
- Gewicht: 622g
- ISBN-13: 9783642303906
- ISBN-10: 3642303900
- Artikelnr.: 35512018