- Fibre Science and Technology512,99 €
- Designing with Structural Ceramics205,99 €
- Composite Materials157,99 €
- Spark Plasma Sintering of Materials123,99 €
- Ceramic Microstructures '86103,99 €
- Polymer Composite Materials - Interface Phenomena & Processes86,99 €
- Wide Band Gap Electronic Materials232,99 €
This volume deals with the basic components of a composite material, namely the reinforcement and the encasing matrix material. Beginning with a specification of a range of reinforcing fibres (glass, carbon, organic, inorganic, ceramic), the book then considers in detail the development of such fibres and the significant range of properties achieved. An extensive test methodology used to evaluate the physical and mechanical properties of each type of fibre matrix combination is presented, and the production method employed for each constituent part is described.
This book will be of interest to anyone involved in research or development in composite materials science and technology, both in industry and universities.