- Speech Rhythm in Varieties of English64,99 €
- Conceptualiser les classes de mots60,40 €
- Der Tonhöhenumfang der deutschen und russischen Sprechstimme66,65 €
- Beraten in Interaktion109,40 €
- Receptive and Productive L2 Vocabularies70,45 €
- Interpretation selbständiger Sätze im Diskurs59,10 €
- Enregisterment61,60 €
The book opens with an account of the rise and fall of RP, before turning to a systematic analysis of the phonetic developments between RP and contemporary Standard Southern British (SSB) in vowels, consonants, stress, connected speech and intonation. Topics covered include the anti-clockwise vowel shift, the use of glottal stops, 'intrusive r', vocal fry and Uptalk. It concludes with a Mini Dictionary of well over 100 words illustrating the changes described throughout the book, and provides a chart of updated IPA vowel symbols.
This book is an essential resource for anyone interested in British pronunciation and sound change, including academics in phonetics, phonology, applied linguistics and English language; trainers of English teachers; English teachers themselves; teachers of voice and accent coaches; and students in those areas.