- Crafting a Global Field39,99 €
- The Education Systems of Europe368,99 €
- Comparative and International Education97,99 €
- Reimagining Mobility in Higher Education97,99 €
- How Global Capital is Remaking International Education38,99 €
- The Power of Education64,99 €
- The Eastern Train on the Western Track97,99 €
The Society grew out of a series of conferences in the mid-1950s. Those conferences were attended by a small group of scholars in the USA who were keen to elucidate and expand their field. Now the Society has over 2,500 individual and about 900 institutional members (mainly libraries) around the world.
The book explains how the Society was constructed and internationalized. It analyzes its development trajectory, its major structural components, and the programs and curricula that it has inspired and nourished. The significance of the book is not restricted to the CIES. It will certainly interest counterparts in other WCCES constituent societies and scholars from all fields who are concerned with institutional structures and their evolution.