- Breeding and using mealworms7,99 €
- Bunte Schafe18,99 €
- Hühnerhaltung Schritt für Schritt: Das Hühner Buch für Einsteiger - inkl. Tipps und Tricks rund um Haltung, Pflege, Futter, Rassen etc.8,99 €
- Bienen12,90 €
- Die Sprache der Bienen22,00 €
- Hühner: Alles zur artgerechten Haltung, Pflege und Nachzucht20,00 €
- Wie Tiere fühlen24,99 €
Assuming no previous knowledge, the book uses a game of cards to visualise the rules that govern colour genetics, introducing terminology on the way. What are genes and alleles? What is the phenotype of a sheep? What the genotype? The reader is introduced to agouti-pattern, base colour, and spotting and strategies are shown to identifiy them in the reader's own flock. This knowledge is expanded to show how it can be used to plan breeding for certain colours. More genes that influence colour are introduced later in the book and thought is given to preserving diversity within a breed while strategically increasing the presence of desirable traits in a flock.
The book focuses on practical aspects. How to identify genotypes? Which animals should be used for test breeding? How can the knowledge be used for individual goals?
Written by a molecular biologist and science communicator and co-written by a professional editor of scientific textbooks - both of them breeders of coloured sheep - this book uses an easily understandable approach to explaining colour genetics.
- Verlag: Books on Demand
- Seitenzahl: 140
- Erscheinungstermin: 25. April 2019
- Abmessung: 216mm x 153mm x 12mm
- Gewicht: 387g
- ISBN-13: 9783749454594
- ISBN-10: 3749454590
- Artikelnr.: 56413002