- Verlag: John Wiley & Sons
- Seitenzahl: 304
- Erscheinungstermin: 23. Dezember 2002
- Abmessung: 254mm x 178mm x 16mm
- Gewicht: 576g
- ISBN-13: 9780631211181
- ISBN-10: 0631211187
- Artikelnr.: 22413210
1. Timing Puzzles in Anaphora and Interpretation (AndrewBarss).
2. Two Types o0f Scrambling Constructions in Japanese (AyumiUeyama).
3. The Psycholinguistics of Anaphora (Janet L. Nicol and DavidA. Swinney).
4. Two Pronominal Mysteries in the Acquisition of Binding andControl (Dana McDaniel).
5. Reference Transfers and the Giorgione Problem (MarioMontalbetti).
6. Tense and Anaphora: Is There a Tense-Specific Theory ofCoreference (Karen Zagona).
7. Surface and Deep Anaphora, Sloppy Identity, and Experimentsin Syntax (Hajime Hoji).
8. The Logic of Reflexivity and Reciprocity (D. TerenceLangendoen and Joel Magloire).
'This is an outstanding book. Relating linguistics toother cognitive domains in a non-trivial way, it clearly addressesan impressive number of issues important for our understanding ofthe design and nature of language.' Pierre Pica, CentreNational de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France
"Andrew Narss has done Linguistics and its related fields a goodservice by putting together a collection of papers that address anumber of important issues in the study of anaphora. The majorselling point of the book under considersation is two fold. Firstthe articles contained in the volume are of high quality ...Secondly, the book represents a welcome attempt to relatelinguistics to cognitive science, thus helping to shed new light onour quest to attain a better understanding of human cognition ...the book deserves to be read by anyone who is seriously interestedin the study of anaphora." Linguistics, volume 42 2006,Cambridge University Press