- Nineteenth-Century Europe: A Cultural History70,99 €
- The Birth of the Modern World, 1780 - 191451,99 €
- A Companion to the French Revolution223,99 €
- The Making of Modern Israel: 1948-196767,99 €
- Rewriting History in Soviet Russia123,99 €
- European Overseas Empire, 1879 - 1999: A Short History89,99 €
- Russia's Age of Serfdom, 1649-1861127,99 €
- Blackwell History of Russia Nr.3
- Verlag: BLACKWELL PUBL
- Seitenzahl: 296
- Erscheinungstermin: August 2010
- Abmessung: 231mm x 152mm x 20mm
- Gewicht: 544g
- ISBN-13: 9781405169615
- ISBN-10: 1405169613
- Artikelnr.: 23586343
Series Editor's Preface.
"On the whole, there are many positives in this work. Thethematic approach makes it clear that certain characteristics werepresent in both tsarist and Soviet times, and that significantcontinuities were evident within the political and social aspectsof revolutionary Russia." (Revolutionary Russia, 2 December2011)
"Recommended. Most levels/libraries." (Choice, 1 May 2011)"This is a superb interpretive history that integrates the latestresearch and thoughtfully presents the story of modern Russia in anaccessible and elegant way."
--Robert D. Crews, Stanford University
"Drawing on the latest scholarship, Ted Weeks has written afirst-rate account of Russian history from the emancipation of theserfs in 1861 to the end of the World War II. Students and scholarsalike will derive great benefit from his accessible prose andanalytical insights. Highly recommended."
--Glennys Young, University of Washington
"A thought-provoking book which sheds fresh light on this periodof Russian history, by overcoming the conventional narrative inbridging the tsarist and the Soviet era, and by following athematic instead of a chronological structure"
--Andreas Kappeler, University of Vienna