- Adam Smith Across the Nations253,99 €
- Adam Smith Speaks to Our Times; a Study of His Ethical Ideas32,99 €
- The Varieties of Economic Rationality: From Adam Smith to Contemporary Behavioural and Evolutionary Economics55,99 €
- The Emergence of the Theory of the Firm: From Adam Smith to Alfred Marshall33,99 €
- Taking Social Development Seriously: The Experience of Sri Lanka50,99 €
- An Inquiry Into The Nature And Causes Of The Wealth Of Nations, Volume 341,99 €
- An Inquiry Into The Nature And Causes Of The Wealth Of Nations, Volume 339,99 €
The second edition of this guide to Adam Smith's system of thought has been fully updated to reflect recent developments in Smith scholarship and Professor Skinner's experience of teaching Smith to a student audience. The material from the first edition has been extensively rewritten, and four new chapters have been added, covering Smith's essays on the exercise of human understanding, and his relationship to Francis Hutcheson, David Hume, and Sir James Steuart. Skinner places Smith's system of social, and moral, science firmly within the context of contemporary British and Continental intellectual history, dealing in particular detail with the founders of the Scottish Enlightenment and with the French Physiocrats.