- Richard III (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- William I (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Stephen (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Athelstan (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Henry VII (Penguin Monarchs) (eBook, ePUB)11,99 €
- Richard III: The Maligned King (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Henry III (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
In this perceptive short account, Nicholas Vincent unpicks John's life through his deeds and his personality. The youngest of four brothers, overlooked and given a distinctly unroyal name, John seemed doomed to failure. As king, he was reputedly cruel and treacherous, pursuing his own interests at the expense of his country, losing the continental empire bequeathed to him by his father Henry and his brother Richard and eventually plunging England into civil war. Only his lordship of Ireland showed some success. Yet, as this fascinating biography asks, were his crimes necessarily greater than those of his ancestors - or was he judged more harshly because, ultimately, he failed as a warlord?
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.