- EU Criminal Justice (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- The Matrix of Derivative Criminal Liability (eBook, PDF)87,95 €
- Forensic Investigation of Stolen-Recovered and Other Crime-Related Vehicles (eBook, PDF)70,95 €
- Post 9/11 and the State of Permanent Legal Emergency (eBook, PDF)136,95 €
- Fifty Years of the British Indian Ocean Territory (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Normative Readings of the Belt and Road Initiative (eBook, PDF)68,95 €
- The Confucian Misgivings--Liang Shu-ming's Narrative About Law (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
This book delivers up to date information on the legal requirements witnessed by most security firms. It also explores the liability problems common to security operations, including negligence and tortious liability, civil actions commonly litigated, and strategies to avoid troublesome causes of action that effect business efficiency. From another angle, the work examines the constitutional and due process dimensions of private security work and affords the reader a look at how case law applies certain remedies to wronged parties. Recent cases, and the trends sure to follow, are highlighted throughout the text. Finally, the text is filled with checklists, data and other useful information that aids the security practitioner in applying theory to practice.
This book will appeal to students in security and criminal justice programs; private security consultants; corporate security managers; and lawyers.
* Up to date case law analysis provides cutting edge legal treatment of evolving standards
* Complicated material is presented in a down-to-earth, readable style, perfect for the student of security or security professional
* Over 200 tables and illustrations allow the reader speedy access to precise data
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Elsevier Science & Techn.
- Seitenzahl: 488
- Erscheinungstermin: 22. Oktober 2004
- ISBN-13: 9780080525099
- Artikelnr.: 38119816
"Private Security and the Law, 4th Edition, is a unique resource that provides analysis of practices in the security industry as they relate to law, regulation, licensure, and constitutional questions of case and statutory authority. This book describes the legal requirements faced in the area of private security. It emphasizes the liability problems common to security operations, including negligence and tortious liability, civil actions frequently litigated, and strategies to avoid legal actions that affect business efficiency. The text also examines the constitutional and due-process dimensions of private security both domestically and internationally, including recent cases and trends that will set pace for future private security laws and regulations. As private security becomes more closely involved in national and international security, cases like Blackwater are examined. The author takes you step by step through the analysis of case law as it applies to situations commonly faced in the private security practice, providing a solid introduction to the legal and ethical standards that shape the industry." --ASIS